portuguese information for entry in portugal

Entry in Portugal
For the entry into Portuguese territory, foreign nationals need to comply with the following conditions:

- Holder of a travel document valid for more than at least three months of the duration of the required stay.
- Holder of a visa valid and adequate for the purpose of the stay. This visa shall be required always in a diplomatic mission or Portuguese consular post abroad.
- Having sufficient means of subsistence for the duration of the stay.
- Not being registered in the SEF Integrated Information System nor in the Schengen Information System.
NOTE: For Short Stays, nationals of the following third countries are visa-free – LIST
Applying for a Visa (Short Stay Visa/Temporary Stay Visa/Residence Permit)
Residence permits, for temporary stay or short stay, to third country nationals are issued on the following general conditions only:
a) Having not being subject to a removal measure from the Country and within the ban period of entry into the national territory, following a removal from the country;
b) Do not have an alert in the Schengen Information System for purposes of refusing entry by any of the Contracting Parties;
c) There is no indication in SEF Integrated Information System for non-admission purposes under article 33;
​d) Having means of subsistence, as defined by decree order of the Members of the Government responsible for home affairs and social security areas;
e) Having a valid travel document;
f) Having a travel insurance.
The application for a visa shall be submitted in the consular post in the usual country of residence or in the consular jurisdiction area of the State of residence.
More information on Portal das Comunidades Portuguesas / Vistos
Entry by way of a border not subject to border control / Declaration of Entry
Foreign nationals entering into Portugal by a border not subject to border control are required to declare that within 3 working days from the date of entry, in the Immigration and Borders Service, except foreign nationals:
- Resident or authorized to stay in the country for more than six months;
- Benefiting from the community system or equivalent;
- Lodging in a hotel establishment or equivalent.
How to submit a Declaration of Entry?
Learn More:
Frequently Asked Questions
European Commission


Post a Comment




Contact Form


Email *

Message *

Powered by Blogger.
Javascript DisablePlease Enable Javascript To See All Widget